Wednesday, January 21, 2015

And the Reading goes on and on...

Lets just get in to this one, shall we?'Wired' by Robin Wasserman. 


SO basically....
She had a new Body: Mechanical, unfeeling, inhuman. She had a new life, one that would last forever. At least, it was supposed to. 
But now everything Lia though she new has turned out to be a lie; everyone she thought she loved has been stolen away. And someone is trying to get rid of the  mechs, once and for all.
Lia will risk everything to save herself and the people she can't live without. but not before facing one final truth: she can't save everyone.

Sounds Good right. The final book in a series should be good. Well this one was not...IT WAS FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!!! 

In any book it gets to a point where you think 'ok, I know where this is going.' And this book did, and then I was taken for a ride through a winding maze that never stopped. 

Ok, here is how a book goes: You read and then there is a problem. You think they will solve it with solution 'A' and if that doesn't work it is on to solution 'B'. Right?

Well not in 'Wired'. Oh no. Lets try 'C', 'D', 'E'... and so on. I am fairly good at predicting the path a story takes. I had no clue with this story what direction they would go.

A problem comes up. Lets fix it. we get the problem solved and begin to implement it and half way through we get stopped. Ok, fine. Lets take another approach...and another...and another.

READ THE 'SKINNED' SERIES BY ROBIN WASSERMAN!!! LOVED IT!!!!!

I could talk about this series for a long time but you don't need to read that, I would rather you read the books for yourself, and gave me your comments, feedback and suggestions.

 SO...On with the show!

Next in my line of reading adventures is the first book my favorite author wrote. 'The Risen Empire' by Scott Westerfeld. Luckily this is a two book series so will also talk about the sequel in a little bit. So, please join me in reading them.

.....The undead Emperor has ruled his mighty interstellar empire of eighty human worlds for sixteen hundred years. Because he can grant a form of eternal life, creating an elite known as the Risen, his power has been absolute. He and his sister, the Child Empress, who is eternally a little girl, are worshiped as living gods. No one can touch them.
      Not until the Rix, machine-augmented humans who worship very different gods: AI compound minds of planetary extent. the Rix are cool, relentless fanatics, and their only goal is to propagate such AI's through the galaxy. They seek to end, by any means necessary, the Emperor's prolonged tyranny of one and supplant it with an eternal cybernetic dynasty of their own. They begin by taking the Child Empress hostage. Captain Laurent Zai of the Imperial Frigate Lynx is tasked with her rescue.
     Separated by light-years, bound by an unlikely love, Zai and pacifist senator Nara Oxham must each, in their own way, face the challenge of the Rix as they hold the fate of the empire in their hands. 

...Well, thats what the book Jacket says. Sounds like an adventure to me. Though I do have to admit that with all his books I have read that it takes a good chapter to get into them. They tend to start out by hitting you in the face with random detail that you have to sort out in your own mind. But once you do, Scott Westerfeld takes you into his world that you can't let go of.

Following 'The Risen Empire' I will read the second book in the 'Succession' Series...'The Killing of Worlds' by Scott Westerfeld

 Unfortunately the wonderful tidbit that they entice you with on the inner cover gives away the ending of the first book so I will have to wait to put down the synopsis of this one until after I read it. 

Sad, I know. But I hate when things are spoiled for me and so I will not spoil them for any one else. 

So until 'The Risen Empire' has been read, I am off. Keep reading and please share with me what you read so that I may enjoy them too!


No comments:

Post a Comment