Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What's for Dinner? Meatball Soup!!

I was wondering what to make for dinner and as always I waited until the last minute to get to cooking. I looked online and unfortunately I didn't have all the ingredients to make any of the meatball soups that I found (which always happens), so I made my own and I was thrilled with it so much that I had to share. I hope you will try it and love it as much as I did.





Ingredients
   8 cups of water
   7 chicken bouillon cubes(you could use 8 cups chicken broth instead of the water and bouillon, but I  didn't have any)
    1 can tomato paste, 6oz (or are they 8oz)
    2 carrots, thinly sliced
    1/2 a sweet onion, thinly sliced and chopped
    1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
    1/4 of a cabbage,chopped to the size of egg noodles (helps to hide it from the kids)
    1 small zucchini, sliced in to match sticks
    12 to 16 Italian turkey meatballs
    a couple hand fulls of egg noodles
    salt, pepper and garlic to taste


Directions
    Put the water, tomato paste and bouillon in a pot set to med-high heat.
    Now start your chopping of the vegetables and add to the water as you go. Your water will come to a boil eventually but keep adding as you go starting with the harder veggies and ending with the softer ones, that way they all cook right.
   While you are chopping, your water will come to a boil. When it does add the frozen meatballs.
    After all your veggies and meatballs are in let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
   Add the noodles and cook for 7 minutes.
   Salt, pepper and garlic to taste during the cooking.
   Done!!

Serve with buttered multi-grain bread and enjoy, I know we did.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment